- 100g Wheat Free Plain Flour (I use ‘Orgran’ GF Plain Flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4cup honey
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic butter (Can use nuttlex or a dairy free spread)
- 1 large free range egg
- 1/3 cup chopped brazil nuts
- 100g dark chocolate (I use a dairy free chocolate from Sweet Williams)
Preheat the oven to 180oC.
Combine flour, baking soda, honey, vanilla extract, butter and egg in a food processor. Blend until completely combined (a 5-10seconds). Mix in the nuts (or linseed) and chocolate until combined.
Place baking paper on a baking tray. Spoon an amount about the size of a tablespoon onto the baking paper. Allow room between each scoop for spreading during baking.
Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from baking tray. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool. Then store in an airtight container in pantry.
If child is allergic to nuts or the child care centre or school is nut free then can substitute the brazil nuts with 1/4sup linseeds, or 1/3 cup dried berries (eg blueberries), or 1/3 cup dried sulphur free apricots chopped.