- 300g sweet potato (peeled)
- 150g butternut pumpkin (peeled)
- 75g white section of the leeks – wash and finely chop
- 150g mushrooms chopped
- 2tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 150g rice breadcrumbs (‘Orgran’ is a brand available from health food shops and supermarkets)
- 1/2 tbsp tamari (GF soy sauce)
- 1 small organic egg lightly beaten
- Gluten Free plain flour to coat the rissoles
- Rice bran oil or Coconut oil
Grate the sweet potato, and pumpkin and squeeze out excess moisture. In a mixing bowl combine all the sweet potato, pumpkin, parsley, rice crumbs, tamari, and egg. Mix until ingredients are combined.
Collect a small handful of rissole mix and form into a ball. Coat the ball in GF flour. Heat oil in a frypan, add rissoles to frypan (about 4 at a time). Heat for about 10minutes until golden brown on outside and cooked all the way through.